Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Frustration makes you frown, Salvation makes you smile!"

This is kind of awkward but I learn in the ministry that I am in, frustration always arises in practices. Struggles, hard decisions are being made, cooperation are kind of optional, and the very reason for the ministry becomes less and less important. We tend to lose focus on the very reason why we do things in ministry. We get irritated and think of negative things. In the Bible (in my own perspectives) the foolish will always make the wrong decisions. They will think that they are the reason for the ministry. They will think that maybe giving up is not an option but a must. I had my own experience of wanting to get off from the team I am with. I try to think of negative ways that will make me more angry and want to kick myself off the team. One thing I forgot was the commitment and responsibilities that I was committed to. All the things that I was thinking of in a good way for the ministry. Especially, how God choose me for the team. Not me choosing the team or the group for the team but God. The same God that you and I worship everyday. I think of the reason why I am here, in LA and for that very same reason I got in Guam is still the same reason I should have in ministry. Why am I being part of the group God had assemble? Why am I here when I can be somewhere else doing something? Because God wants me to do what He wants me to do. He wants me to do the work that He has prepared. He wants to use me. I am glad for my Salvation in Christ. Because it is in Him, it is Him that I live for. Paul speak this in Philippians that it is no longer him that lives in himself but Christ. "For to me is to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21). Amazing how Paul speaks of how we can put aside all our anxieties, all our frustrations, all our giving up and giving in, and just look toward Jesus. I experience these things on special occasions and things such as rehearsal for a ministry. Often people will want to give up and stop for many, many reason.

How about you? What have you been challenged today? Which side will you take?

Hint: Always Smile for Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. That's what stuck out to me, too, when I was reading Philippians...to live is Christ, and to die is gain. I am so thankful for His purpose, especially when it exceeds my own crooked path that I often try to jump on to. I'm praying for you all as you're in ministry together. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete


Small groups that were created for the reason of getting to know other students from other places. One of the group that I was in had each individual different nationality. Different students from different schools. More often we got to know about each other and had great discussions.



Students from all over the United States worshiping. Over 1900 students were there. Some were saved, others recommitted their lives to serve God. I was one of them. Couldn't have been more blessed on this day! God worked throughout the lives of those who were there. Amazing!

So what is Glorieta? Or what did I do in Glorieta? Well, in my opinion, Glorieta is a beautiful place where I had a wonderful time worshiping God and be with a large group of wonderful Godly people. The name of the ministry was "Baptist Collegiate Ministry" where many students all over the United States came together and had a wonderful time worshiping God and learning more about having a great and better relationship with God.

Glorieta: Prayer Garden

Glorieta: Prayer Garden
this is called the "Prayer Garden!" People walk through this place, spend their time praying and hanging out here just being with God. I was walking on this place just spending my time praying for certain things. It is so beautiful!


Glorieta Buildings

Glorieta Buildings

People worshiping in Glorieta!

People worshiping in Glorieta!

Worship in Glorieta!

Worship in Glorieta!